Rise "download course" button not working after Exporting

Jun 27, 2018

I created a course in Rise.  I need to load this course into our LMS so that it can be assigned to a department.  I exported the course and received the "course exported successfully" email.  When I click on the link, it takes me to the "download course" page.  The download button will allow me to click but will not download the zip file.  The zip file is needed to upload to LMS.  I have had success with other other courses.  Any suggestions?  

24 Replies
Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Tangie,

What browser are you using to export the course? You'll want to use one of the Rise browsers listed here: 

Windows

Google Chrome (latest version)—Best experience

Firefox (latest version)

Microsoft Edge (latest version)

Mac

Google Chrome (latest version)—Best experience

Safari (latest version)

Firefox (latest version)

If you are using one of those and you're still seeing this odd behavior, can you let me know if it's only happening on that one course or all your Rise courses?

Keshia Early

I’m having the same issue. I’ve tried multiple course, multiple publishing setting, multiple browsers & the download course link isn’t working. I’ve restarted, checked download settings. Never had this issue before and I’ve designed a number of course before & haven’t had this issue. Any tips?

Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Keshia,

Did you check what browser you're using to download the export? When I export a course, I see the follow message appear within the Rise window: 

and I also see a zip file downloaded to the files on my computer. I can also access a download from the Email notification that is sent. 

Let me know if you're able to test in a different browser (any of the ones listed earlier) and you'll want to make sure you're using the latest version. 

Lokesh Sudarshan

Hi there! I am currently facing the same issue with one of my courses. I was able to export and download the package in the morning, but now I unable to download the course. Exported multiple times but still no result. Only one course has this issue. I am able to download the other courses.

Please help!

Karl Muller

As stated in the table above, IE is not a supported browser.

I recommend that you follow the process as described by Ashley. It works well for me.

After you click the Export button, you see a page with a message that you will be emailed when the course is ready for download. In the top right-hand corner there is a button to go back to the course.

Do not use that button. Just stay on the page and wait.

Once the course has been exported, you will see a message: Export successful.

At that point the ZIP file will automatically be downloaded to your computer. 

You will still get the email but you can just ignore it.

Mereki White

Hi Karl, thanks for the clear instructions - I didn't realise you could just wait and the download would start, that's good for future reference. 

However I've tried this way in Chrome and I don't get the download... there is a little message down the bottom that flicks between waiting for blah blah amazon web services and waiting for rise something, but nothing happens.  I have started  case with articulate and will see what they say.  From another post I came across on the forums it sounds like there may be a known issue with Chrome... doh.  

James Trew

Hi Mereki.

A possible fix for you?:

I had a similar problem downloading the zip and wonder if your issue is the same as mine.

Do you work using a vpn, or maybe your company has blocked it through the firewall? You could disconnect just for the download.

My experience was:

• I created the project in chrome
  • I exported the project for web
  • I got the email and clicked the link
  • The browser opens and displays the "Download course" button
  • The button does not start the download
    • I get "Waiting for articulate-us.s3.amazonaws.com" message at bottom left of browser
    • Then "Waiting for rise-runtime.articulate.com"
  • Then this message disappears and the browser sits dormant.

I checked the console log and saw that there was an error with a few things that led to failure (I'm no expert, but wondered if the error was my side)

So I disconnected my vpn connection and my problem was solved. (I obviously reconnected my vpn straight after :)

Hope this helps.

James.

Karolina Wertejuk

Hi,

I have the same problem.

I have created a course in Rise using google chrome, got an e-mail with the link, clicked the download link and the download didn't start as normal.

I can see 'waiting for rise.articulate.com' message.

I've tried all advice as per the conversation above already - still struggling.

Please could the Support Engineers contact me and help?

Karl Muller

Hi,

Have you tried these steps:

After you click the Export button, you see a page with a message that you will be emailed when the course is ready for download. In the top right-hand corner there is a button to go back to the course.

Do not use the back button. Just stay on the page and wait.

Once the course has been exported, you will see a message: Export successful.

At that point the ZIP file will automatically download to your computer. 

You will still get the export email but you can just ignore it.