SCORM 2004 3rd and 4th Edition Error in Cornerstone OnDemand

Sep 27, 2023

Does anyone get an error message with: "The custom error module does not recognize this error" for both 3rd and 4th Edition of SCORM 2004 Rise courses in Cornerstone OnDemand (CSOD)?

Instead of redirecting to the standard training completion in CSOD, the error appears. It happens only with Rise courses, and not Rise microlearnings. This error happens in both our Pilot and Production instance.

4 Replies
Hazel Bartolome

Hi Jessica! I understand you're getting an error with your Rise course in Cornerstone OnDemand.

I would suggest testing your course in SCORM Cloud. If the course behaves the same in SCORM Cloud, please open a case with us so that a technical support engineer can help troubleshoot.

If your course works as it should in SCORM Cloud, please share your SCORM Cloud findings with Cornerstone OnDemand to check on the issue. 

Jose Tansengco

Hello Jacqueline,

Sorry to hear that you ran into a similar issue. I recommend following the troubleshooting steps shared by my colleague Hazel to see if the issue you're experiencing is specific to your LMS. 

If your course works in SCORM Cloud, reach out to your LMS support team so they can check why courses that are not published in SCORM 1.2 aren't working properly in their environment.

Jacqueline Silva

Our issue turned out to be on a one-page acknowledgement with an "invisible" 2nd slide designed to allow the completion trigger to be sent to Cornerstone.

The first slide recorded the completion on a layer (which they reached after clicking a link on the base layer). The layer timeline was 3-seconds long and showed a message telling the user they had completed training before auto-advancing to the next page and auto-closing. Some users were closing the browser before the 3-second layer completed.

We solved the problem by recording the completion on the first slide, but auto-advancing to the next slide to show the completion message there.