How Do Course Designers Use Progress Indicators to Display Learner Status? #409

Showing Progress in E-Learning #409: Challenge | Recap

Progress bars are a great way to help learners stay on course by highlighting what they've completed and how far they have left to go.

As course designers, you have many ways to display learner progress. There are barsgaugesbadgespage numbers, and more. Progress designs can be playful, functional, or visually aligned with the course content. No matter which design approach you use, keeping learners on track is what this week's challenge is all about!

Challenge of the Week

This week, your challenge is to show how progress indicators can be used in e-learning.

Related Challenges

Share Your E-Learning Work

• Comments: Use the comments section below to link your published example and blog post.
  • Forums: Start a new thread and share a link to your published example.
  • Personal blog: If you have a blog, please consider writing about your challenges. We'll link to your posts so your great work gets even more exposure.
  • Social media: If you share your demos on Twitter or LinkedIn, try using #ELHChallenge so your tweeps can follow your e-learning coolness.

Last Week’s Challenge:

Before you progress through this week's challenge, check out the interactive timelines your fellow community members shared over the past week:

30+ Interactive Timeline Examples in E-Learning #408

Interactive Timeline Examples RECAP #408: Challenge | Recap 

New to the E-Learning Challenges?

The weekly e-learning challenges are ongoing opportunities to learn, share, and build your e-learning portfolios. You can jump into any or all of the previous challenges anytime you want. I’ll update the recap posts to include your demos.

Learn more about the challenges in this Q&A post and why and how to participate in this helpful article.

Next Week’s Challenge

• Next week's challenge #410 (Mar 24, 2023): Webcam Video Presentations. That's only a working title. We're looking for webcam video presentations to highlight a project or technique you used in a course. See this example from Kate to get an idea of what the challenge will be about.

Got an idea for a challenge? Are you interested in doing a webinar showcasing how you made one or more challenge demos? Or do you have some comments for your humble challenge host? Use this anonymous form to share your feedback:  https://bit.ly/ElearningChallengeForm.

92 Comments
Jonathan Hill
Jodi M. Sansone

Water Softener Installation Confidence Demo: https://jodisdemos.s3.amazonaws.com/409+Learner+Progress/story.html Download: https://jodisdemos.s3.amazonaws.com/409+Progress+Reporting.story Backstory for this demo: I had a huge personal learning week. I programmed a Google Nest home security system, a Sonos ARC speaker system, Honeywell Home Thermostat, TP Link Deco M5, Lutron light connect bridge, 2 smart TVs, and a Moen FLO leak detector system. I bet Ron Katz would be good at all of this! I had about 40-60 hours of personal learning (and cursing). It involved using training/instructions by all the different companies and it occurred to me that not one of companies ever asked about my level of skill or comfort. Most of the training experiences seemed to assume I knew a lot more tha... Expand

FasterCourse Templates
Ron Katz
Rachel Moore
Robert Roberts
Ange CM
Maren West
Stephen Taylor
Kate Golomshtok
Kagan Love
Jacquelyn  Calder