How Do Course Designers Speed Up Development with Collaboration? #435

Collaboration in E-Learning #435: Challenge | Recap

One of the more challenging steps of the course development process is collecting and managing feedback from your clients, subject matter experts (SMEs), and stakeholders. 

But as with any collaborative relationship, you need to make a plan for success. That means thinking through how you’ll communicate effectively with stakeholders, motivate your reviewers, provide feedback, and manage expectations for the timing and delivery of the completed project.

If you have an Articulate 360 subscription, you have access to features that’ll help you collaborate more efficiently on projects. Some examples include:

🏆 Challenge of the Week

This week, your challenge is to share one or more tips or best practices for collaborating on e-learning projects. You can share a simple slide with your favorite tip(s) or build an interactive example. 

🎁 Bonus: We’d love to see how you’re using Articulate 360’s collaborative features, including the latest integrated comments in Rise 360 and Storyline 360 and Storyline 360’s cloud backups in Review 360. Some ideas 

• Post your project to Review 360 and ask your fellow challengers for feedback.
  • Review another challenger’s demo in Review 360.
  • Highlight any changes or edits you make to your Rise 360 or Storyline 360 project using the integrated comments.
  • Share your Storyline 360 project file to Review 360 as an attachment.

⚠️ NOTE: You don’t need an Articulate 360 subscription to participate in this week’s challenge. The primary challenge is to share tips or interactive examples of collaborating on e-learning projects. This can include any apps or tools you use to collaborate on any aspect of course development.

✨Share Your E-Learning Work

• Comments: Use the comments section below to link your published example and blog post.
  • Forums: Start a new thread and share a link to your published example.
  • Personal blog: If you have a blog, please consider writing about your challenges. We'll link to your posts so your great work gets even more exposure.
  • Social media: If you share your demos on Twitter or LinkedIn, try using #ELHChallenge so your tweeps can follow your e-learning coolness.

📆 Last Week’s Challenge:

Before you share your collaboration techniques, check out the creative ways course designers use click-and-reveal interactions to break up big chunks of information so learners can explore and pull content at their own pace. 

20+ Click-and-Reveal Examples from E-Learning Designers #434

Click-to-Reveal Interactions RECAP #434: Challenge | Recap

👋 New to the E-Learning Challenges?

The weekly e-learning challenges are ongoing opportunities to learn, share, and build your e-learning portfolios. You can jump into any or all of the previous challenges anytime you want. I’ll update the recap posts to include your demos.

Learn more about the challenges in this Q&A post and why and how to participate in this helpful article

📆 Next Week’s Challenge

Got an idea for a challenge? Are you interested in doing a webinar showcasing how you made one or more challenge demos? Or do you have some comments for your humble challenge host? Use this anonymous form to share your feedback:  https://bit.ly/ElearningChallengeForm.

20 Comments
Jodi M. Sansone

Practice Asking Open-End Questions to Promote Collaboration Demo: https://jodisdemos.s3.amazonaws.com/435+Collaboration/story.html Review 360 Version: https://360.articulate.com/review/content/2f08e1b3-25b9-4f10-b4e9-2c64febd70eb/review Here's a demo about how to encourage collaboration with your clients or stakeholders by getting them to talk more about their expectations. I posted it in AWS and Review 360--if you want to leave comments in Review it will help me get used to the new comment panel. I like the idea of the panel showing up in Storyline 360, but I hate the placement of it. I've been using it this month on a client project since the Beta was released, and I find it hard to deal with as it is wedged between triggers and layers. It is hard to read a long comment, but I'm ... Expand

Ange CM
Talent Gate eLearning