These 8 Interactive Glossaries Are the Definition of Awesome
One of the more intimidating parts of learning something new is adopting the lingo. Glossary interactions help learners pick up vocabulary in a fun and engaging way. They can be especially handy for providing context around specialized terms and demystifying industry acronyms.
In this E-Learning Challenge, course creators shared creative examples of glossary interactions. We’re excited to showcase eight of our favorites!
- This Rise course by Evangelos Neochritis breaks down common e-learning vocabulary.
- Bastien Médard uses imagery to define videography concepts in this download.
- This download by Jodi Sansone shows how glossary interactions can be immersive.
- In his gamification glossary download, Sean Hickey uses classic video game design to support the course material.
- This minimalist alphabetical glossary by Gabrielle Schofield would look gorgeous in any modern course.
- LJ Beaupre designed an elegant flower language glossary that’s available for download.
- Bold colors make this design glossary by Allison Goldthorpe really stand out.
- In Jennifer Clarke’s example, learners can click acronyms and display their definitions as they read through a passage.
If you have interactive glossary examples, share them in this E-Learning Challenge! It’s always open and we love to see your creative work. You can also follow us on Twitter and come back to E-Learning Heroes regularly for more helpful advice on everything related to e-learning. If you have any questions, please share them in the comments.