Error - unable to acquire LMS ApI

Jul 03, 2013

Greetings,

I am having problems uploading content to our LMS.  I have discussed this issue with our technical suppport team....  But they state our systems are working without issue. 

Can you provide assistance?

I have attached a document with the error message.

Thanks!

3 Replies
Christine Hendrickson

Hi there Marlon!

If you receive an "Unable to acquire LMS API" error when launching Articulate content in your LMS, this may be caused by the version of Java that you have installed.

Some LMS’s use a Java API object to load content.  Since content created in Articulate does not require Java, please do the following:

*  Contact your LMS provider and ensure that your installed version of Java is compatible with the version of the LMS you are using.
*  Ensure that you have published your content properly as described in the following article:
http://www.articulate.com/blog/publish-to-lms-with-studio-09/

If this issue persists, make the following modification to your player template, and test your content again:

1)  Open your presentation in PowerPoint.

2)  Go to Articulate > Player Templates.
3)  Select the "Other" tab.
4)  Deselect (uncheck) "Launch presentation in new window".
5)  Close the Player Template manager, and save the change when prompted.
6)  Publish your presentation for LMS using the newly saved player template, and test the content in your LMS.
If you continue to have trouble with this, please let us know.
Thanks!
Marlon Major

Hi Christine,

I discussed my issue with our TechSupport Team.  They checked my Java and found that it has the current update (please see attachment).

I have also done what you suggested...  As in with the Other Tab....  The "Launch presentation in new window" was not checked.

I have tried to publish SCORM 1.2 content and it fails....  When I publish AICC....  It publishes without issue.

What could be the issue?

Christine Hendrickson

Hi there Marlon. I hope you had a great weekend!

Thanks for trying that out. I'm sorry to hear that didn't fix the problem. 

I'm not sure what could be the issue, quite honestly, It might be best to share the information with our support team at this point. 

If you're inserting your Engage interaction into a Presenter presentation, please create an Articulate Presenter package by following the steps in the following article:

Send to Articulate Presenter Package

Attach the .ZIP file, or the Engage .INTR file on the second page of the following form: 

Submit a Support Case

Please be sure to include a description of your issue and also include the URL for this thread in the case. Also, if possible, please share the case number with me, so I can follow up with you in this thread. You're welcome to share the case number in this thread, or send it to me in a private message.

Thanks!

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.