Flash Player 16 Issue

Dec 10, 2014

Hi Everyone, 

Adobe released Adobe Flash Player 16 on December 9, 2014 and, as a result, Articulate Engage won’t operate. Published content isn’t impacted.

We’re working fast and furiously to fix the issue and will release an update to address it as soon as humanly possible.

Stay tuned,

Brian Gil

Head of Product Operations

*UPDATE* The issue has been resolved. Studio '13 users, please upgrade to the latest version at your earliest convenience. Studio '09 is unaffected.

23 Replies
Jay Frischkorn

After much research I came across a problem reported about a year ago that matches my problem.  The recommendation was to open PPT as the Administrator.  This works so long as I open the eLearning program from PPT. 

If I try to open the program directly I continue to have the same (can't find this website/page) problem.  I did repair and updates and didn't see anything change.

So I have a workaround for the immediate problem, but no long term answer/fix or reason why this suddenly changed.

Thanks

Paula DuMond

When I attempt to download, I click RUN to download the .exe file.

I then receive an Internet Explorer - Security Warning asking me if I want to run this software, to which I reply RUN. 

The Install Wizard then begins to run , but returns an error message that reads as follows:

"The installed version of the application could not be determined. The setup will now terminate".

Paula DuMond

I followed the steps to uninstall and reinstall the software. However, when I try to enter my serial numbers to activate the software, I can't click on Activate.

Is there something I might be doing wrong to have to uninstall and reinstall and reactivate my software every year or so? I have had to do this a couple of times since I have initially installed it a couple of years ago.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.