PowerPoint 2010 and Articulate

Jan 20, 2016

Hi, 

I am having trouble with my PowerPoint narration playing with Articulate. 

With PowerPoint 2010 I have to create a zip folder, then extract the audio and reinsert this into the course I am creating. 

As you can imagine that makes for a tedious and often times confusing process.  

Please let me know how to resolve this issue. 

Thanks 

3 Replies
Christie Pollick

Hi, Kandice -- So sorry to hear of your troubles! As noted here, PowerPoint 2010 is supported for use with Engage '13, so can you please confirm that you are experiencing these issues when you are testing your published output in the intended environment? Any additional details would be great, and I'd be happy to take a look at your file if you are able to provide it. :)

Christie Pollick

Hi, Kandice -- Thanks for your swift reply! I was just hoping to confirm that you are experiencing the same behavior in the environment where your course will be hosted or accessed by learners, as sometimes issues can be encountered if a course is only tested locally as described below: 

If you view published Articulate Engage content on your local hard drive or send it to someone else to view on their local hard drive, you'll encounter security restrictions from the computer, web browser, Flash Player, and network that'll cause various features to fail. To test your content and share it with others, you'll need to upload it to the environment for which it was published.

As for updating Articulate, we always recommend that you utilize the most current update available. If you are not using Update 7, please see here for additional details on updating. 

And if issues persist, I'd like to note once more that I will gladly take a closer look at your file to see if I can determine the root of your issue. If you are not comfortable with sharing your file here in the thread, you are welcome to share it offline for private review by using this form

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.