Publishing to LMS

Nov 22, 2013

Hi,

I have recently published a presentation to LMS which includes just Engage interactions (apart from 2 standard PowerPoint slides at the beginning and end of the course). I have set the course up so that the user can advance at anytime and in any order. However, when previewing this course it appears that there is a glitch in the software in that it skips items in the menu. Example:

I have 10 items in the menu on the left hand side. Each item contains steps for a given process that the user can follow.

1. The user clicks on the 1st menu item and follows the steps ok.

2. The user clicks on the 2nd item and proceeds with each step ok.

3. The user then selects item No.3 and it skips automatically to another item down the menu. This means you cannot select item No.3 and follow the steps contained within.

As you can understand, this appears to be an issue with the software as you would not want to click on a particular menu item for it to then take you to a completely different one to the one you want to follow.

Regards

Jamie

7 Replies
Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Jamie,

So the first menu item is a ppt slide, and then the 2nd and 3rd items you've mentioned are Engage interactions(or steps within an Engage interaction)? I also assume you have the navigation set to Free, allowing the user to click where ever they would like within the menu? Also, do you have the Engage items listed as single items in your menu or multiple items (for each step)? Would you be able to create a Presenter package to share the files with us here? If you'd prefer to share privately you can also send it to us here. 

Jamie C

Hi Ashley,

Yes, the first is a PPT slide but the rest are Engage interactions not steps within. As mentioned, I have it set so that the user can advance at any time and in any order. The items are listed as single items as I do not want the steps listed in the menu because it is already listed within the interaction.

I have shared the info privately of the published content.

Regards

Jamie

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.