Screen sizing issues when using Engage 360/Storyline 360 in an LMS

Jul 17, 2018

I have used two Engage 360 assets (accordion and conversation) within a Storyline file. When I launch the course within a browser, either Chrome or IE, the course plays as expected.

However, when I import the course into our LCMS the course launches at an incorrect size (varies by browser type). Then, when I navigate to the screens that contain the Engage 360 assets, the screen resizes again as if the Engage 360 assets are telling the program to set the screen size.

We removed the two Engage 360 assets from our current course, but it still opens within the LCMS at the wrong size.  For this reason we are not sure if the problem is caused by the Engage 360 assets or could possibly be a setting within Storyline.

Our course is simply an update to a course we generated last year that used the two Engage 360 assets but with no issues.  We made font-related content changes to the Engage 360 assets and changed the color scheme for the Storyline file, along with general text/image updates.

Would you please let me know if there is a setting in either application that could be the source of this issue?

5 Replies
Robert Schiedler

We are exporting the Engage 360 assets as html5 and will reload the course into our LCMS. Hopefully this will fix the problem.

Bob Schiedler
Senior Instructional Designer
Technical Communications Solutions
Global Communications Services Operations
Global Customer Services Delivery
Xerox Ltd.

Wilsonville, Oregon USA
503.685.3053 / 8.875.3053

Katie Riggio

Thanks for your follow-up, Robert!

I saw you opened a support case, which is a great move! My colleague, Cleo, is standing by for the .story and .intr files. When you're ready, here's the unique upload link for your case.

In the meantime, Cleo brought up a great thought:

Could your Engage Accordion and Conversation Interactions be using the same Interaction Size as your Storyline Project Story Size?

Just a pro-tip that Engage Interactions do not resize after they're inserted into Storyline. So whatever changes were made in the Story Size, the imported Engage Interactions size will not adjust once they're imported. If you need to change the Story Size, you'll need to change the Interaction size as well in Engage and import it back to Storyline.

Looking forward to hearing back!

P.S. Looks like you may have replied via email in which your contact information came through. No worries – this Peek video will show you how to edit it.

Robert Schiedler

Thanks for your interest in this case. I think you can close it on your end.

We switched from importing the Engage 360 assets into Storyline to adding them via a Web object. We did also change the dimensions so they match Storyline, which helped to minimize the issue in our LCMS, but not resolve it completely. The problem is actually within our LCMS, which uses old technology that isn't reliably handing some content. Our company will be switching over to a new system soon.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.