LMS Reporting

Nov 29, 2011

Hi,

I am new to LMS, and really wonder about the reporting to LMS. For example, I have created a quiz of 10 questions in Quizmaker. To pass, user has to answer 7 out of 10 correct. I know we can the Quizmaker can report pass/fail to LMS. But I can not figure out how to report the number of questions answered correct or number of questions answered wrong. So says User A answer 8 question correctly. Can Quizmaker report score 8 or 80% to LMS? Can someone help me out here? Thanks.

15 Replies
Benny Kurniawan

Hi,

Thank you guys for the advices.

Peter:

Thank you for the tips. From the #2, it does not really mention that it is going to report the score. It looks like it is just going to send the Pass/Fail, Complete/Incomplete, and any other combination. I am looking for something that can report the exact score.

Brandy:

Thank you very much. We are using the Cornerstone OnDemand here, but it seems that it does not have the capabilities that we wanted. It would be nice if there is something like Adobe Captivate Quiz Analyst Result. Anyway, thank you very much for your help. I will check out the Meridian and Pathlore.

Ed Dixon

Benny Kurniawan said:

Hi,

Thank you guys for the advices.

Peter:

Thank you for the tips. From the #2, it does not really mention that it is going to report the score. It looks like it is just going to send the Pass/Fail, Complete/Incomplete, and any other combination. I am looking for something that can report the exact score.

Brandy:

Thank you very much. We are using the Cornerstone OnDemand here, but it seems that it does not have the capabilities that we wanted. It would be nice if there is something like Adobe Captivate Quiz Analyst Result. Anyway, thank you very much for your help. I will check out the Meridian and Pathlore.

Benny,

How long have you been using CSOD? We are about to set sail on the CSOD ocean. Are there Tips/Tricks we shouls know about or pitfalls to avoid?

Benny Kurniawan

Ed,

There are couple things that scratch our head with CSOD. The biggest one is the customer care.

• Their response time to our problems can take days. When you were rolling out things to field and you made mistakes (which happens), you call them or email them for solution. They will take their time to response, and sometimes they will just "forget" that you even exist. As you can tell it is very frustrating
  • the UI is not intuitive at all
  • So far we can not figure out how to do detail reporting on CSOD. Asked them but never get any responses them. Again, it is the customer service.

As you can tell, it is very frustrated for us. Unfortunately, the CSOD was implemented long time ago

-Benny

Dwayne Schamp

Don't fear change.

There are plenty of reliable and good companies out there with LMS solutions.

My top 5:

1. Quizzicle (LMS and LiMS) (http://quizzicle.com/MainSite2010/solutions/LMS/)

2. SumTotal (http://www.sumtotalsystems.com/)

3. Plateau

4. BlackBoard (http://www.blackboard.com/)

5. Moodle

Also, the squeaky wheel gets the grease! If you make some noise about dropping a contract with a company, they usually sit up and take notice.

Dwayne Schamp

if I had to pick one, it would be Quizzicle. I have used them in the past, and the user interface and naviation is great. The admin and manager tools are equally as good. Creating courses, curriculum, classes, students, reporting; all the best i have seen. And the price is very very competitive for what you get. And the Customer Service is outstanding. Having had to interact with tech support of all the above, they are the most repsonsive and most willing to work with you to figure it out.

Peter Panayi

Hi Guys,

Hope you are well.

We want to be hosting our courses on our intranet for staff to take.  The only problem is our intranet is not scorm compliant. We are going to pay some developers to make our intranet scorm compliant so it will be compatible with Articulate. I have a question regarding the test results.

How would we get the test results from Articulate into our intranet ?  The test results seem to just get displayed on the page within Articulate and not written/stored anywhere? Are they stored somewhere within the published files? We would need to be able to access the results from somewhere in order to pull them into the intranet database .

Please advise.

Many Thanks

Peter

Stefano Posti

... Hi Peter, what do you exactly mean by "make your intranet scorm compliant" ? Allow Scorm javascript code? But if you don't have a LMS with a database for users, courses subscriptions and tracking results, what would you get?

Peter Anderson detailed perfectly the necessary implications replying to your post : http://community.articulate.com/forums/p/7858/44630.aspx#44630 

3 simple things to do, so:

if you have a web intranet, you might consider to publish articulate courses for web and submit quiz results by email to a specific address, where someone manually stores the results in aan excel spreadsheet, risking flash security issues, anyway;

or, best thing if you are new to LMS, use Articulate online to track your users results

or, you provide your company with an LMS....

stefano

Peter Panayi

Hi Stefano,

Thanks very much for your feedback. I am not too familiar with scorm but what i mean is when users take an articulate test our intranet is able to capture the users results for our reporting purposes this is what we want to achieve.  The develpers do not know how to do this and i dont either and are asking me where are the test results stored?  I will look into what peter anderson has posted.  I may contact you for some further advice.

Thanks,

Peter

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.