Multiple attempts

Jun 27, 2013

Hi, Could you please tell me how can I prevent users to re-take quizzes without my knowledge?

When creating quizzes, I make sure to check/adjust the number of attempts to 1, but I discover the fact that users are still able to re-take the quiz.

5 Replies
Christine Hendrickson

Welcome to E-Learning Heroes, Jorge!

Are you publishing your quiz as a standalone Quizmaker quiz? If so, you won't be able to control the revisiting options for the quiz, unfortunately.

However, if you are inserting your quiz into a Presenter presentation, you can limit the amount of times users are allowed to retry/revisit the quiz. 

Here's how (using Presenter):

Specifying How Many Quiz Attempts Your Learners Get

Thanks!

jorge rocha

Hi Christine,

Yes, unfortunately I am publishing the quiz as a stand-alone Quizmaker quiz. Most of my presentations are Instructor Lead but the quizzes are online.

I talked to the LMS support Line (Inquisiq) and they told me that I need it the "cmi exit value"? to try to limit the attempts when uploading the quiz into the LMS. Does that make sense?

Thank you for your assistance!

Christine Hendrickson

Hi Jorge!

Ahh, shoot. Yeah, unfortunately, you won't be able to make that modification using a supported method.

Do you have access to Presenter at all? If so, you could always insert the quiz and then hide the actual Presenter skin/player, so it doesn't appear to be inside a different product. 

If you don't have access to Presenter, there is a free trial, if you'd like to check it out and see if that method is something that works for you.

The only other option I could see is limiting the access entirely, but that's something the host or LMS would have to set up for you. It doesn't sound like they have the ability to do that, though. 

Thanks Jorge!

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.