Text box

Aug 07, 2012

Hi -

I entered a T or F question and I added a  text box so people can comment on the reason for the answer  but when I go to preview I can not see the box.  So I changed the color of the text box and then it showed up but now I couldn't type in the box.  Can you please help?

5 Replies
Jeanette Brooks

Ah, thanks Paula! Now I see what you mean. Unfortunately, there isn't a way to incorporate a text-entry field on an existing quiz question. The textbox feature in Quizmaker's Slide View is really only intended to allow you (as the developer) to insert descriptive or instructive text on the slide itself.

But here's an idea: what you could do is, create an Essay question and make it look like it is a continuation of the true/false question. This would allow learners to enter their reasoning for why they chose true or false.

See what you think of the attached. Here's what I did:

• Created 2 new essay questions (slides 4 and 5). Each allows the learner to enter their reasoning for why they choose true or false for slide 3.
  • I also added branching on slide 3 so that the learner branches to one of the two essay questions. They go to slide 4 if they answered the true/false question correctly, and to slide 5 if they answered the true/false question incorrectly. e learner answers correctly OR to the essay question on slide 5 if they answer incorrectly.
  • I also moved the feedback pop-up from slide 3, and added it to slides 4 and 5 respectively.
  • I added branching on slide 4 so that the learner skips slide 5 and goes directly to slide 6.

I hope that makes sense. Does this approach meet your needs?

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.