What would you do with this question?
Jun 29, 2011
I am trying to find a good way to present this question in Quizmaker. It is written as a Matching Question; but the matching question type makes the learner scroll too much - due to the large amount of text in the options. Any ideas?
Match the lesion diagnosis with the history and physical findings listed:
B. Venous Malformation
C. Lymphatic Malformation
D. Venular Malformation
E. Arteriovenous Malformation
1. Red Purple stain present at birth, usually progressive darkening without treatment, can involve skin/tissue thickening, possible cobblestoning
2. Color can vary from none to deep blue/purple, compressible, progressive growth with exacerbations during hormonal changes, fills with dependency.
3. Red or hypopigmented stain at birth, rapid growth in the first few weeks – months of life, bleeding ulceration possible, begins involution after 1yr of age and does not regrow
4. Variable presentation at birth or early childhood, progressive growth with eventual tissue destruction and bleeding, warm/pulsatile lesion on palpation, frequently with indistinct borders
5. Usually obvious at birth with mass effect, color ranges from none to bluish, progressive growth with exacerbations during infection, noncompressible, mucosal surfaces may have vesicles.
Correct answers – A=3, B=2, C=5, D=1, E=4