360 degree pictures is probably great, but which App to use?

Jan 24, 2024

Great 360 degrees option in Storyline, and I would reeealy like to use it for our production site for training purposes, but I can't seem to find a good App that creates 360 degree pictures, in a format that I can import to Storyline 360 degree images function.

Anyone who want to share what they use as a capture App for 360 Panoramic pictures, to be used in Storyline 360.

I have an iPhone and are not planning on buying a dedicated camera. 

Your answers is really much appreciated.

KR Glenn

5 Replies
Glenn Weiglin

Hi Tom

Thank you for answering.

This option that you link to, Skybox, won't work for me in my daily work. I need an app that creates Panoramic pictures on my Phone, that is compatible with Storylines 360 images. 

I will be on shopfloor creating those very specific 360 pictures with my phone, and there is a lot of programs/App's that can capture such 360 images. I would just like too choose the right one ;o)

All the best

KR

Glenn

Tom Kuhlmann

I have a Pixel and can shoot 360 images with that. I'm not sure which apps are available via iOS. 

Personally, having played around with 360 images I'd really recommend a camera. The Ricoh camera is about $200 and you'll make up for it in all the time you spend messing around with apps and getting the images from your device into Storyline, not to mention the potential issue of them not stitching properly outside of the app that created them.