360 Image Not Rendering Correctly

Feb 06, 2023

I’m trying a 360 image for the first time.  I downloaded an image from pixexid.com and when I insert the image into my Storyline project, I get a message that the image might not render correctly and for best results to usage an image with a 2:1 aspect ratio.  Are the 360 images on pixexid.com not set at the correct aspect ratio or is this a setting on my computer that I can change?

I inserted the 360 image and it’s zoomed in way too far for me use.  Is there something I can do to use the image?  Is there a way for me to view or change the aspect ratio of a 360 prior to downloading? 

Thank you for any help you can provide on using 360 images in Storyline.

10 Replies
Kristine Lowry

Hi John,

Thank you for testing images from Pixexid.  Attached are the two images I downloaded from Pixexid and my Storyline project where I inserted them.  

Other than inserting the 360 images I have done nothing with them in Storyline.

Thank you for looking into this for me.  I appreciate all the support provided by the Articulate team.

Eric Santos

Hi Kristine,

I'm happy to chime in! Russell is correct, I confirmed that the images are not 360° images based on the guidelines here:

Criteria Sample Images
1. The image is distorted The images are not distorted when viewed.
2. The image has a 2:1 aspect ratio The images have a width and height of 5760x3840, which is not a 2x1 aspect ratio.
3. Upload it to Storyline 360 Uploading it to Storyline returns an error.

If you have time to watch it, I prepared a 5-minute Peek recording for you to explain these in detail.

I recommend downloading 360° images from Pixexid for your Storyline projects. Let me know if that helps!