Accessibility in Storyline 360

Jan 31, 2019

Hi,

I need to ensure that my course in WCAG AA compliant.

I can work round most things but can't see how to create a heading structure, such as H1, H2, H3 etc

Is there a way of doing this in Storyline?

I've already built the course in Rise, but it is failing screen reader testing for many things, so moving to Storyline instead :(

Any advice would be much appreciated!

4 Replies
Alyssa Gomez

Hi Vanessa!

Can you share a bit more about what you mean by a heading structure? If you can include a screenshot of what you're after, that'd be even better!

Check out this tutorial on customizing the tab order of slide objects. You can access the tab order in Storyline by going to the Home tab, then clicking the Tab Order button.

Let me know if that's what you had in mind!

Scitech Learning Futures

Hi Alyssa,

Thanks for the info on tab ordering. 

Rise heading structure only includes 'Heading', 'subheading' and paragraph. This isn't easy for people using assistive technologies as it makes the organisation of content on the page confusing.

I was wondering if Storyline provides the opportunity to rank headings, for example:

Many thanks for your help!

Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Vanessa,

Thanks for clarifying. Within Storyline, you'll control the order or structure of headings and content through the tab order.  There isn't a feature to add a header number or ranking. 

You'll find more details in this table which outlines how we’ve optimized Storyline 2 and later to support WCAG 2.0 criteria, Levels A and AA.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.