An incorrect answer in SCORM2004 doesn't send "cmi.score.raw" but a correct answer does

Oct 10, 2016

Hi,

I am seeing that a incorrect answer in Articulate SCORM2004 doesn't send "cmi.score.raw" but an correct answer does.

How to let the Articulate to send "cmi.score.raw" for both correct, and incorrect answers?

Tks

5 Replies
Dave Cox

Storyline reports the incorrect point answer the same as the correct answer, with the exception that is may not reduce the score if your project is set to only allow scores to increase. This is probably not common, as I think the only place you can set this is in a javascript config file. 

Do you have a specific need you are trying to solve? If you could post an example here, someone might be able to give you some better insight.

Chanh Nguyen

here is my demo project. there are 3 questions. First question: correct: 10, incorrect: -5. Second question: correct: 10, incorrect: -5. Third question: correct: 50, incorrect: -10

it's not sending the cmi.score.raw when the attempt is incorrect.

If I change the points to: First question: correct: 10, incorrect: 0. Second question: correct: 10, incorrect: 0. Third question: correct: 50, incorrect: 0.  it's sending the cmi.score.raw when the attempt is incorrect.

You are saying "I think the only place you can set this is in a javascript config file.". Where is that file? Do you have an instruction or article to use it?

Dave Cox

Hi Chanh,

What I see when I look at your course is this. If you answer the first question correct, and the second question incorrect, the negative score does get sent. If you answer the first question incorrect, it doesn't get sent because that makes the score go below 0. Since Storyline is sending a minimum raw score of zero, you can't send less than zero for the raw score.

According to the SCORM2004 specs, the range of raw scores that may be sent are bounded by the min and max scores. I don't know if you can set the min score to less than 0 in Storyline, as I haven't tried to research it. Perhaps one of the Articulate folks could weigh in here?

As far as the setting to allow scores only to improve, that's in the configuration.js file in the LMS folder of your published course. By default it is set to allow scores to decrease. I only mentioned it because I wasn't sure what you were trying to do.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.