Animated Menu

Jul 20, 2017

I created an animated menu which can be accessed on the slide by clicking it. It has 5 headings and each heading has been given a visited state.

I want that as the user visits the screen, the visited state appears for that particular slide as the timeline ends, irrespective of any order the user has visits the module.

Plus, I want the visited state of that slide, which has been watched, to be seen when the user visits other slides. this is what I am struggling with right now.

Can anybody help?

10 Replies
Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Diana,

On your slide master you're using the trigger "when SlideXCompletes" changes - and that trigger is looking for the change to happen exactly on that slide. It's a really tricky one to use for this type of set up. Instead what about using the when element of "timeline starts" for that layer? 

You'll keep the conditional element about the variable, and then it should work as you'd expect. 

Also, keep in mind that you're only setting the variable at the very end of the timeline - so if the user advances before the slide is over it won't be marked as True within the variable. 

I made that adjustments for the first few slides and you can take a look at the example I attached here.

Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Diana,

I know that the trigger "when variable changes" is one that's inconsistent and often used incorrectly. It's looking for the variable to change on that slide and since those two things weren't in sync, it wasn't ever going to be triggered. 🙂

Glad it's working for you now, and please let me know if you need anything else! 

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.