Applying style to a pasted button does not include all states - Articulate Storyline 360

Dec 04, 2020

Applying button styles behaves differently on created button vs. button that was created using copy/paste.

• Create a new file
  • Insert a button
  • Copy the button
  • Use paste to create new button(s)
  • Select the button, and choose a different style from the Button Styles toolbar.
  • Look at the states of the buttons.
    • The original button has the new style applied on all states.
    • Any of the pasted buttons only have the new style applied to the Normal state - the other states are all the same as whatever the original style was.

I discovered this while looking for a reason that newly edited TEXT was not being applied across all states, but I was not able to reproduce that.

gif showing process described above

11 Replies
Judy Nollet

Interesting. When I reformat copied buttons (like in the example above), it works on the Normal, Visited, and Disabled states, but not Hover and Down. So still a bug, but not quite as bad as originally described. 

Fortunately, the Format Painter can transfer all the states. So if someone has already created one button, copied and pasted that one to create more buttons, and then decides to reformat them, just revise one as desired, and use the Format Painter to transfer the new look to the other buttons.

Rick Maranta

This was reported a year ago. I am having the same issue. When I copy a button, and try and choose a style, only the Normal state changes. I am not sure why this has not been addressed yet. Sure, format painter is an option but it should work as other the original button when it comes to the button styles.