Automation build in Articulate Storyline 360

Aug 29, 2017

Hello Folks,

I am working with a client who happen to use Articulate 360 for designing the e learning modules for creating cyber security awareness. I would like to ask if there is any documentation provided by the Articulate team to show whether automation build is supported by Articulate 360 tool.

Also, at the moment the challenges faced by the creative team in my company is that of localisation of the existing e learning modules. To make the e learning modules more scalable and future proof we need to automate the e learning content and make the animations, content and style localised to suit the needs of the growing market.

Any Suggestions are welcome.

Thank you

5 Replies
Alyssa Gomez

Hi Kritika, and welcome to the community!

Can you tell me a little more about what you mean by "automation build?" With a little more information, I can point you in the right direction.

You also mentioned automating the e-learning content and make the animations, content and style localized. Can you give me an example of that? Content built with Storyline 360 is fully-customizable. You can either start from a blank slide, or save time by using a template from the Content Library. 

Have a look around this Storyline 360 User Guide--that should get you started in the right direction! 

Kritika Ramachandran

Thanks Alyssa for replying to my question.

By automation build I mean for accessing the articulate through command line interface. Does Articulate currently support this feature? 

Also, If I want the content of my e learning modules in different languages, does Articulate support localisation of the content?

Is it possible to write your own plugins to add to articulate functionality. If so, what is the process for doing this?

Alyssa Gomez

Thanks for that clarification, Kritika!

Translating a Storyline 360 course into another language is a breeze with our translation feature. We also have support for right-to-left languages, if that's what you're after.  I'd also encourage you to check out our other localization articles:

We don't offer support for command line interface or custom plug-ins, but if you have a strong case for those needs, you're always welcome to share your ideas with our product team here. Thanks for reaching out!
Kritika Ramachandran

Thanks Alyssa for your response. I had a quick look at the links which you sent.

It looks like we would still need an external translator to translate the content into different languages. I guess there is no in built tool within Articulate to achieve the translation at the moment. Would be great if it was there.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.