Button Issue

Apr 02, 2018

I am trying to create two buttons that function essentially as one button.
Attached are jpgs to help you better understand the issue.

The user is asked to click on a potential hazard in the image. (The hazard being that the workers are wearing necklaces.)

"Image01" shows the static image with no button effects present. "Image02" shows the area (in green) that is incorrect to click. If the user clicks anywhere in the green area, the selected state of the button indicates "that's incorrect. Try again."

"Image03" shows the area (in green) of a second button that is correct to click. If the user clicks anywhere in this green area, the selected state of the button indicates "That's correct. Please click next to continue."

The problem that I am having is that if the user clicks the selected state button first, the red type comes up (upon click) indicating that they haven't selected the correct area/hazard. That red type does not disappear when they do finally click the correct area/hazard. When the user clicks the incorrect "selected state" button, and then immediately clicks the correct "selected state" button the user sees the following (Image04).

So with that, is there a way to tell the incorrect "selected state" button to disappear, before the correct "selected state" appears? Via Java, or html function... or is there something I am missing?

As it is now, both button verbiages display, and that is not the desired effect.

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks all!

5 Replies
Bob O'Donnell

What version of Storyline are you using?

Storyline 360 has a built-in graded question called "Hot Spot" that gives you everything you need to set up this type of question interaction. The hot spot IDs the correct area of the photo. Once set up, the user's selection will determine what text they see. The correct/incorrect options show as popups.

You could build your own hot spot over your image and set triggers so if the user clicks anywhere on the photo except the CA hot spot they get the IA response on a layer. If they click the CA hotspot they get the CA feedback on a layer. Pretty easy to do.

Since this screen appears to be a normal question screen I would opt to use the built in questions geared toward this type of interaction vs trying to work with buttons/button states to create your own version. That may be what you're missing. Try using the built in questions or add your own hot spots with triggers. Hope that helps.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.