Can't change object state based radio button state
I'm trying to set up a situation where when all the check boxes on the screen are checked an "all done" message appears.
On the screen, I have:
- 3 check boxes that are always present
- a pair of radio buttons (Yes/No)
- another check box that only appears if the radio button is set to No
I can create a trigger to show the message (change state to normal) when the state of all 4 check boxes is "selected" (image below). This trigger works.
I made another trigger to show the message when the first 3 check boxes and the "Yes" radio button are selected. That trigger didn't work.
As a test, I made a trigger to change the state of the message when the "Yes" button state is selected. It didn't work either.
It looks like Storyline doesn't recognize the selected state on radio buttons as part of a trigger.
I was able to work around this by creating two triggers, but that's kind of a kludge:
- When the user clicks on the Yes radio button, change the state of the message to normal, if the first 3 check boxes are selected
- Change the state of the message to normal when the state of the 3 check boxes is selected, if the Yes radio button is selected