Can't change trigger order

Hi,

All of a sudden, I can't change the trigger order for triggers on the same object. 

My triggers are currently arranged like this:

When the state of Button is Normal
- Change state of Label to Hidden
- Change state of TSArrow to Hidden
- Change state of TS_Item to Hidden

The Label and TS_Item change state correctly, but the TSArrow doesn't. I tried to change the trigger order to see if that would change anything, but it won't change. I tried dragging the TSArrow trigger, but it wouldn't move to where I'd dragged it. I tried using the arrows on the right of the trigger options, which are not grayed out, but nothing would change. My best guess is that these are locked in alphabetical order somehow?

Oddly, I am able to change the trigger order on this object for other triggers. To clarify, I have another group of triggers for the same object that says:

When the user clicks Button
-Change state of...

and I am able to change the trigger order for these triggers. 

Does anyone know what's going on with this? Thanks!

6 Replies
Katie (Gokhshteyn) Riggio

Hi there, Madison!

I haven't seen reports of this, so I'm glad you reached out! A few quick questions to help us unlock the behavior:

• Are the triggers still locked when using the classic workflow? Here's how to switch back and forth between the new and classic workflows.
  • Are you comfortable with attaching the affected .story file publicly here or privately here? We'll take a closer look and delete the file after troubleshooting!
Wendy Farmer

Hi Katie

I've had issues with the trigger order and not be able to drag and drop them to reorder. Only some seem to have the three dots down the left hand side...some the up/down arrows are greyed out.  I had to roll back to v3.35 due to other issues so not on the latest update.

Reading your post above - all the links loop to this post.

Wendy Farmer
Lauren Connelly

you can only reorder triggers when there is more than one per object.

Hi Lauren

I'm not having trouble with re-ordering object or player triggers but I am with slide triggers. In this project from a client that I am editing  SL will not allow me to dnd or use the up/down arrows to re-order.  Even deleting the triggers and adding them in the order I want, SL puts the timeline end trigger first.  I have rebuilt the slide a few times but it keeps happening.  

Jeff Forrer

Hello.  I have seen where triggers don't behave exactly the way expected, I sometimes have to change settings on the triggers, and move other triggers to get mine to go where I want them since they execute top/down. 

One example here (Peek):
https://360.articulate.com/review/content/76608f83-ad4e-4097-a363-b9ade65c6b65/review

I can post some other examples tomorrow.

Thanks