Can't open Articulate 360 or Storyline, or reinstall because Articulate 360 can't sign in

Jul 25, 2019

I hope someone can help us!

Our problem started after the new Storyline software release dated July 23, 2019.

My co-worker is unable to access Storyline 360. When she tries to launch Storyline, we receive the error message "unable to sign in to Articulate 360"

We tried to uninstall and reinstall the products, but to install, we get the same error message.

Please see the attached screenshots.

Help! We can't do our work!

Thank you.

Maureen

42 Replies
Maureen Matsumoto

Hi all,

We submitted a ticket on the issue. Before anyone got back to us, we uninstalled everything, downloaded the software again and tried to reinstall. At first, it wouldn't let us reinstall. We did another clean sweep of the computer and tried again. It finally worked and she was able to launch Storyline.

I and another person also had issues after the update. We had to reboot our computer several times and the software started working again. Maybe there is a problem with the latest release of Storyline?

Thanks,

Maureen

Katie Riggio

Oh no, Maureen!

I'm sorry you and your team have come across some snags when trying to sign in. I agree with Philip regarding the root: We're improving the Articulate 360 sign-in experience and have added a new network endpoint on Update 30. More details here!

If allowlist doesn't help, do you have a case number handy? I'm not seeing a recent case under your name, and would love to take a closer look so we can get your teammate back up and running!

An Tran

I also cannot sign into Storyline.  I can sign into the Articulate 360 site just fine and I can use Rise 360 just fine.  But, when I try to go into Storyline 360, I am told that the e-mail or password that I entered is invalid.  I submitted a help request, but have not received a solution as of yet.  Help!  I have co-workers who can login just fine.

Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi An,

I saw your case from earlier last week, and it looks like my colleague Rowie responded. Can you check your junk/spam folder for an email from Support@articulate.com?

You'll also want to look at updating to the latest version of the Articulate 360 Desktop app. 

We made improvements to the Articulate 360 sign-in experience. As a result, older versions of the Articulate 360 desktop app have expired. 

You can download and install the latest version of the desktop app here: https://360.articulate.com/downloads and once you do that, you should be able to log in. 

Note that you only need to update the Articulate 360 desktop app to continue working. We recommend updating your authoring apps too, but it’s not required. So you can still use older versions of Storyline 360, Studio 360, Replay 360, and Peek 360.

Let us know if you need anything else! 

Hedrick Ellis

I'm having a similar issue. I haven't used Articulate 360 in about 2 weeks and now I'm getting a message "You must be signed in to Articulate 360 to use Articulate Storyline. You will be prompted to save any unsaved work if you exit."

Then when I sign in I get a message "Your Articulate 360 trial has expired." But I've been using a paid version for almost 2 years! What's up?

Katie Riggio

Oh no, Joseph! 

That's certainly not the behavior we expect from our tools. We're going to do everything we can to sort why your Articulate 360 app keeps losing connection.

I know this is impacting your work, so I'm going to connect you with our senior support staff so we can closely work on all the right steps.

Look out for an email soon, and I'll follow the conversation to help advocate where needed!

Your Accredited Training Provider

Since I started up this morning I could not get into Articulate 360 at all and got a virus warning.

After several attempts I uninstalled my software completely and reinstalled it after restarting my computer.

I just completed the reinstall and it installed 100%, however when I clicked on the Articulate 360 icon to go in, i got the same virus warning message?

Can you help urgently please as I need to work.

Thanks

Estee Tyler

Jenn Bedlington

I have the same problem - tells me I need to be signed in to Articulate 360 [even though I am] and when I click on Sign In from within Storyline, it tells me that "there was an error opening Articulate 360 Desktop App".  I have lodged a service ticket, but hoping I can get a solution more quickly than in 2 business days!