Can't open Articulate 360 or Storyline, or reinstall because Articulate 360 can't sign in

Jul 25, 2019

I hope someone can help us!

Our problem started after the new Storyline software release dated July 23, 2019.

My co-worker is unable to access Storyline 360. When she tries to launch Storyline, we receive the error message "unable to sign in to Articulate 360"

We tried to uninstall and reinstall the products, but to install, we get the same error message.

Please see the attached screenshots.

Help! We can't do our work!

Thank you.

Maureen

42 Replies
Lis Kelså

I have the same problem as Jenn: First it tells me I need to be signed in to Articulate 360 [even though I have been for months and months] and when I click on Sign In from within Storyline, it tells me that "there was an error opening Articulate 360 Desktop App". 
Dead end. 
Now what?
Delete and reinstall the software?
I have urgent work that needs to get done today.
Any advice appreciated!

Jenn Bedlington

It's happened to me again.  The following two ways of approaching the sign-in have both worked, but infuriatingly, not every time.

But worth trying:

1. Close down anything Articulate [check in Task Manager], then sign in from the Articulate dashboard, rather than a dialogue box from within the application
  2. try opening a saved Storyline slide after closing everything down

There seems no rhyme or reason about what works, but worth a try!

Hope you overcome

Leslie McKerchie

Hi Marissa and welcome to E-Learning Heroes 😊

Thanks for reaching out and letting us know that you're running into a similar issue. Is it the same as the initial report with the Articulate 360 app and Storyline 360?

• Are you able to successfully login online via 360.articulate.com?
  • Are you getting a particular error when logging into your Articulate 360 app?

Here are the common reasons you may experience an issue signing in.

Any of your project files for Storyline 360 should be saved to your local machine. In short, a reinstall will not affect your project files.

Matthew Miller

I'm having the same issue.  Is there a way to work offline on Storyline 360 without having to sign in??  My organization's firewall may be to blame here, but we're continuously having issues signing in.  Hopefully you can create a completely separate experience so we can continue to create videos using Storyline.

Your Accredited Training Provider

Dear Articulate Team

Please note this issue was sorted out.

Thank you kindly.

Trusting the above to be in order.
Kind Regards

[cid:image002.png@01D69EDD.B16BEE90]
The information transmitted is intended for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any review, transmission, dissemination or other use of, or taking action in reliance upon this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient, is prohibited. If you receive this in error, please contact the sender and delete the material from any computer. Information, views, opinions, consents and expressions of intent contained in this message and/or its attachments may be those of the author and shall not be construed as binding nor as an acceptance of an offer creating a binding contract, unless it is specifically indicated to the contrary in the message/attachment.

Leslie McKerchie

Hi Matthew,

Initially, you must be online long enough to sign into Articulate 360 and install the desktop-authoring apps, such as Storyline 360. Then you can use the apps offline up to 99 days at a time (or 30 days for free trials).

If you're offline longer than 99 consecutive days, the apps will stop working. To re-enable them, you'll need to connect to the internet long enough to sign into Articulate 360, which resets the 99-day offline clock.

Thanks for popping in with an update, Your Accredited Training Provider. 

It looks like your email signature came through when you replied via email. You can remove that if needed by clicking ‘Edit’ beneath your response. Here’s a quick Peek video if you need help.

Leslie McKerchie

Hi D and welcome to E-Learning Heroes 😊

Thanks for letting us know what's going on and I'm sorry for the trouble.

First, can I have you close the Articulate 360 desktop app (click on the red X and then head over to the system tray. There, right-click on the Articulate logo and select Quit).

Here's a quick video

After that, please restart the machine and then try signing in again.

In addition, this article describes the reasons why signing in could fail and how to solve them. 

Let me know if you see any improvements from there!

Gianmarco Zivoli

Hi, I'm running the same issue as Jenn Bedlington. I can access Articulate in the site but when i try to run the desktop app and sign in it tells me that something went wrong with the desktop app and it might close.

I disinstalled and reinstalled all articulate apps but still doesnt work, can you please fix that?
Thank you.

Leslie McKerchie

Hello Gianmarco and welcome to E-Learning Heroes. 😊

To align with the latest security best practices, the Articulate 360 desktop app uses your default web browser to sign in.

Articulate 360 Desktop App: Browser-Based Sign-In Experience

First, can I have you close the Articulate 360 desktop app (click on the red X and then head over to the system tray. There, right-click on the Articulate logo and select Quit).

Here's a quick video

After that, please restart the machine and then try signing in again.

In addition, this article describes the reasons why signing in could fail and how to solve them. 

Let me know if you see any improvements from there!

Annie Mergel

Hi,

I am not Gianmarco and wanted you to know you had the wrong email.

Thanks

Annie Mergel

She/Her/Hers

Talent Development Designer

O +1 262 780 5780
M +1 248 872 4546

We create memories that matter.

[X]

gmrmarketing.‍com
A member of Omnicom Experiential Group

[image]

This email is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain information that is privileged, confidential or otherwise protected from disclosure. Dissemination, distribution, or copying of this email or the information herein by anyone other than the intended recipient, or an employee or agent responsible for delivering the message to the intended recipient, is prohibited. If you have received this email in error, please notify the sender immediately.

Becca Levan

Hello Annie,

Thanks for reaching out! You received Leslie's response to Gianmarco since you're subscribed to this discussion. If you need to unsubscribe, click "subscribed" at the top of this page. Here's a Peek of that!

Also, it looks like your email signature came through when you replied via email. You can remove that if needed by clicking ‘Edit’ beneath your response. Here’s a quick Peek video if you need help!

Lauren Connelly

Hi Ronan!

I'm so sorry for the trouble! It sounds like you are consistently having trouble signing into Articulate 360. For security reasons, Articulate 360 automatically signs you out every 30 days or after 7 days of inactivity. Are you finding that you are prompted to sign in more frequently than that?

If so, we might need to look into network restrictions!