Change story size

Apr 07, 2018

Help! I tried to flip a inserted video like shown in this video, https://vimeo.com/145576524, succeeded but - no... Now every aspect in the story is wrong and I don´t understand how I can mend it :/ The stor size is set to 720*540 as I´m pretty sure it was before this to but every picture is now much wider than it was before. I think you can see it pretty clearly in the picture I attached. What can I do to save this course that was almost done :/ I also attache one story to show you.

8 Replies
Crystal Horn

Hi, Anna.  Thanks for the attachments! It looks like the picture you attached shows the layout the way it should appear, but your slide shows objects out of place.

Did you remove the video that you tried to flip in the .story file?  I didn't see a video file on your timeline.  One other clue: can you try to add the vimeo URL again?  It looks like that video might have moved.

Anna Barsk Holmbom

I really don´t understand this. It must be something far more complicated. I have tried to take away the video and then insert it again. And now all work is like undone :( I´m almost crying. So many hours... Suddenly sound and movements doesn´t sync, the text that I add manually is shown even if it´s impossible (it is just shown for a short while at the timeline), and, as I said before, everything has become larger in some strange way :( Can it be that Storyline itself has gone bananas?

Leslie McKerchie

Hi Anna,

If it's happening in any/all files, you should certainly conduct a repair of your software to be sure it's not bananas.

I'm still not clear on what you did when this behavior started, but we can try to make sure it does not happen again. Please be sure you check out this great article to prevent future corruption as well.

Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi John,

I don't know if there is a discussion specific to that (you're welcome to start one!) as it's difficult to share a one size fits all as learners could have any number of devices. With the modern player in Storyline 360, it'll scale to fill the browser and on the mobile devices the entire screen. 

If you're concerned about small details on a slide, I'd design with the smallest device possible in mind and use those dimensions to help build your course. 

I'd love to hear what other ideas the community has to share.

Anyone with experience or tidbits they can share with John? 

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.