Classic Player

Jul 22, 2023

I am trying to use the classic player but keep getting the prompt

This project has the following features, which are only supported in the modern player style.

• Present Layer As Dialog

I've followed the steps to ensure all my layers are set Present Layer: Layer.  None are set as Dialog, but I am still getting this message.  Any suggestions?

5 Replies
Jose Tansengco

Hi Brandi, 

Happy to help!

There's a possibility that there are a few more layers in your project file that need to be changed to remove the dialog layer or change to a standard layer. Would you be willing to share a copy of your project file here or in private by opening a support case so we can take a closer look at your layers? We'll delete it when we're done testing!

Kübra karaahmetoğlu

I am trying to use the classic player but keep getting the prompt

This project has the following features, which are only supported in the modern player style.

• Present Layer As Dialog

I've followed the steps to ensure all my layers are set Present Layer: Layer.  None are set as Dialog, but I am still getting this message.  Any suggestions?

Jose Tansengco

Hello Kübra,

To switch the Player back so that it uses the Classic version, you'll need to first change the slide properties of the feedback layers in the Feedback Master View from Dialog to Layers. You'll want to make sure that none of your feedback layers use the 'Dialog' option.

Feel free to share a copy of your project file here or in private by opening a support case if you need any help making the changes!

Lucy Wood

I was having the same issue on a new file that had no additional layers on any slides.  Glad I found this discussion!
Is there a reason the feedback master has these diaglog layers if it causes headaches for those of us who use the classic player?  What's the advantage of a dialog layer, and why aren't they compatible with the classic player?