Closed captions

Sep 28, 2023

Hello -

I added a video to a Storyline project, and imported the .vtt file for CC (Video tools-options-import). When I preview the slide in Storyline, the closed captions appear.

Next, I published the file to Review 360, and added it to a Rise course as an interactive block.

I added that block to a Rise course, but now the CC doesn't appear. There isn't even an option to turn on CC on the video player.  

If CC worked in the Storyline file, is there a setting I need to change for it to work in Rise?

1 Reply
Jose Tansengco

Hello Shelly,

Happy to help!

As long as you have the captions option enabled in your Player settings, the captions button should be available for your embedded Storyline 360 block.

Here's the published output of the course above that's been embedded in a Rise 360 course, and I can confirm that the captions button and the captions are visible here.

If your settings are correct, would you be willing to share a copy of your Storyline 360 project file here or in private by opening a support case so we can take a closer look at what's happening? We'll delete it when we're done testing!