Colour change of button icon when published in 360

Aug 10, 2022

Hello

I wondered if anyone could help.  I've created some continue buttons in an articulate storyline 360 module using a forward arrow icon.  When I look at them in the software and when previewing the arrow icons are white which is good.  However, when I publish the module and view it in our LMS some of the arrow icons appear to be black.

I have used a heading style for the buttons of white text. I have removed the icons and added them in again and ensured white is selected for the icons and this has not fixed it. The states area shows that the first Normal state is a black arrow despite the normal state on screen being a white arrow.  When I click on the normal state it changes to white.  But when I go back to look at the button states again it has defaulted back to black.

Anyone else experienced this or have any ideas for a solution?

Thanks in advance for any help!

Amanda 

7 Replies
Jose Tansengco

Hi Amanda, 

Sorry to hear that you ran into this issue. I'd like to ask a few questions to help clarify your experience:

Additionally, if you are able to replicate the behavior in a different environment, would you be willing to upload a copy of your project file here or in private by opening a support case so we can check what's happening? We'll delete it as soon as we're done troubleshooting. 

Kelly Auner

Hi, Jiri!

I'm happy to jump in here and help! I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing this issue as well. First, I'd like to confirm if you tried the initial troubleshooting steps Joe suggested above.

If the issue persists, you may want to try repairing Storyline. This typically fixes any unexpected behavior! I also took a look at Amanda's case, and it appears that applying the text style Normal and then changing the text style back to the Button Text, seemed to work.

If you're comfortable sharing your file with us, I'd be happy to test it out on my end! You can upload it here or share it privately in a support case. We'll delete it from our systems once troubleshooting is complete!

Jiri Vaigl

Hi Kelly, 

Thank you very much for your response.

Just for more information and regarding Joe's suggestions, I was publishing it on Review 360, where it was happening consistently (the icons rendering as white instead of black) and also when publishing a full resource preview was sometimes doing it but inconsistently.

I haven't tried the other things suggested (yet) but I managed to eventually fix it by changing the pure black colour of the icons to #030303, which is not perceivable. 

Previously, when I changed the colour to something else completely and then back to #000000, it just wasn't fixing it. 

I will maybe consider opening a support case at some point, so thank you for the option.