Compatibility between Storyline 360 and Studio 360

Sep 22, 2017

Hello everyone!

Simple question: is it possible to open Studio 360 projects with Storyline 360 and/or the other way around?

Thanks in advance for your answer!

Javier

3 Replies
Javier Gandara

Hi Alyssa, thank you answer! 

And now about opening  Storyline 360 content into Studio 360:

Imagine there are two team members: Person A uses all the functionalities of Storyline 360, creating .story files out of it. Person B only knows how Studio 360 works (PPT + Quizmaker and Engage)

Is it possible that A sends to B a .story file that has produced with SL360, and B can open it with Studio360, translate and export a SCORM out of it, without touching but keeping  fancy interactions that the SL360 file brought?

This process is a simplified way of what in my  company may occurred, so could you bright some light to this possibility?

Thanks in advance! And sorry about the A and B thingy. I didn't find a better way to explain it :D

Alyssa Gomez

Ah, I see! No worries on using Person A & B--I totally understood what you meant. :)

Since both people will have access to Storyline and Presenter in Articulate 360, you'll want to stick with opening .story files with Storyline. You won't be able to open a .story file with Presenter. 

That being said, the process for publishing a file in Storyline 360 is very similar to the process in Presenter 360.  

You also mentioned some translation would be involved--Storyline makes translating courses a breeze. Have a look at the tutorial here!

If the person using Studio still feels a bit shaky using Storyline, point them to this handy user guide. It's got step-by-step tutorials for every feature--I've got it bookmarked and refer to it daily!

And for even more help, check out the free webinars you can attend with your subscription to Articulate 360. There's no better way to learn the tool than from the experts themselves! ☺️

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.