Confusing Aspects of Storyline's Quizes and the Import Feature
Jul 17, 2019
I am running into a few issues that I can't seem to solve without some expert help. Thanks in advance. :)
When importing questions from a Excel sheet...
1. On slide where I wish to add in new quiz slides from Excel sheet, I right-click New Slide > Import > Import Questions, select the .xlsx file. List of questions appear.
a) There is no way to deselect all, or block and simultaneously select a more than one. :(
b) There is a way to update only changed questions. :(
c) Selecting Insert into Current Scene inexplicably inserts the questions at the BEGINNING of the scene, rather than the position where I selected New Slide. :(
2. How do I import questions from a spreadsheet into a specific template design? I have four sets of master slides under SLIDE MASTER. When I import questions, the last set (4) of masters is always applied. See Q3.
3. As I mentioned in Q2, I have 4 sets of master slides. I don't need 3 of the 4 sets, how do I remove them. There is no delete option.
4. On my quiz master, I have a button icon which needs to be assigned to a different URL per slide. But in slide (or Quiz) editing mode, the button is not accessible for editing (it doesn't appear in the timeline). What am I doing wrong. I want this button to be a default in the template, but I need to edit it to insert a specific link per quiz slide. How do I accomplish that?
5. Storyline v3 doesn't seem to support automatic question numbering and forces me to use variables for counting. So something that should be trivial like adding "Question x of y" cannot be accomplished to work without errors. :(
Sure, I can add a variable like "question_number" but if I am allowing the learner to randomly navigate the questions (with an active table of contents), the numbering will become incorrect. :( In other words, I am counting the number of times a question slide is reached, not the actual question number position. :(
Is this just the way it is? Is there improved functionality in Articulate 360?
This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.