Correct Answers Being Marked as Incorrect (Storyline 360)

Mar 16, 2021

Hello,

Assessments that my team has developed in Storyline 360 will occasionally mark correct answers as incorrect. We've experienced the issue while using Review 360 and our learners have as well when performing the assessment through our LMS, Saba Compass.

There is no consistency to the errors either. Recently I had a learner score in the 50% range on an assessment, and she provided me screenshots that every answer should have been a correct answer. Every other person in the class had no issues at all. We've tried different web browsers, we've tried publishing as SCORM 1.2 and SCORM 2004, and the reporting error impacts all question types.

I know that Articulate and Saba sometimes don't mesh with each other, but seeing that it also happens when we take Saba out of the equation leads me to believe it is an Articulate issue.

I've attached a screenshot of an assessment I performed through Review 360 showing the error. I performed the assessment a second time immediately after using the same answers and scored 100%.

7 Replies
Leslie McKerchie

Hi Jeffrey,

Thank you for reaching out and sharing what you are experiencing in your project file. 

It's hard to tell what may be going on based on your images. With your permission, I'd like to take a look at your project file to investigate what's happening. You can share it publicly here, or send it to me privately by uploading it here. I'll delete it when I'm done troubleshooting.

Dave Harlander

I just discovered a similar problem. Course results from the LMS (Saba) show that 2 different learners answering the same question with the same answer can get different results, one correct, the other incorrect. This seems to be happening only with True-False questions.

I'm using Storyline 360, version v3.65.28121.0 and publishing with SCORM 1.2. I'm attaching a Storyline file that has this problem (the question that had mixed results is on slide 9). I'm hoping you can shed some light on this issue. Thank you.

John Morgan

Hi Dave,

I'm sorry you're having an issue with quiz answers! I took a look at your story file and everything is set up correctly. I also tested an exported SCORM package of the course on SCORM Cloud and everything is working correctly. This would lead me to believe that the issue may be an LMS issue. Have you checked in with Saba about the issue?

Thanks for reaching out!