Corrupt file

May 21, 2020

Hello,

I have been playing around with Articulate 360 Trial version, every time I close and open the files it shows an error message, saying it cannot be opened. This happens with all the projects I create.

Can someone please help me resolve this issue.

3 Replies
Vincent Scoma

Hi Thabiso,

Thank you for reaching out! I am sorry to hear that you are running into this snag when trying to open files. 

A couple of questions for you as we dive in: 

• Could you explain a bit more about the files you are opening? Are these brand new projects or preexisting ones? 
  • Have you tried a repair of Storyline to see if that would help? If not, here is how you can do this: Repair Storyline 360
  • What may also help is to review the file name and path for your courses. This guide provides more details on that here: Storyline 360: Tips for Managing Project Files

Please keep us updated and let us know if you have any questions! 

Thabiso Manala

Hi,

Thank you for your response.

The files I am trying to open are preexisting ones and a brand new one. Even creating a project with just a square shape, once I close the file and try to reopen the file, it shows the same error message.

I have tried a repair of Storyline and that didn’t help. I have reviewed the file name and path for the courses and that still did not work.

Lately, I have been experiencing problems with Microsoft Office, I am not sure if this could be the cause of the matter.

Kind Regards

Thabiso

Leslie McKerchie

Thanks for the additional details, Thabiso.

I took a look at your original image and the file name path seems long. Microsoft has a file-path limit of 260 characters.

If you save with a shorter folder file structure, is the issue is still present? 

Here are some other tips to prevent file corruption as well.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.