Course gets stuck on second page (Next and Previous buttons and Automatic slide advance not working)
I need to make updates to an existing course that is published in an LMS system. The course was originally created in the previous version of Storyline but has been converted to a Storyline 2 course during a minor update earlier in the year.
This week I opened the latest version of my source file to make some minor updates and all of a sudden the course always gets stuck on the second slide.
My original settings/ slide properties are:
- Navigation Restriction: Restricted
- Slide advances: By User
- When revisiting: Automatically Decide
- Slide navigation controls: Prev and Next ticked
- Player features: player defaults
- Re-installed Articulate Storyline 2 sw
- Installed the latest sw update
I have tried the following in different combinations:
- Deleted the Prev/Next button triggers and re-created them
- Unticked the Next/Previous buttons
- Set the Slide Advances to Automatically
- Set Navigation Restriction to Free
- Imported the course slides to a new project
- Imported the original power point slides to a new project
- asked a colleague to try all of the above on his PC
In all the above cases the course plays the first slide perfectly, I can move to the second slide Automatically or using the Next button (depending on my slide properties) but the course always gets stuck on the second slide. If I use the menu on the side instead of the Next button after the first slide is completed I can move to any other page in the course but then it gets stuck on that page instead.
The course has worked fine in the LMS system up until now. One end user has had the same problem with the course in LMS but after ten or so attempts she was able to continue the course. When I try the course in LMS it works fine from the start.
I also have other courses I have created that do not display these problems. It is only this course and all the previous versions of this course that has the problem.
I really need to make updates to the course so I need some help in fixing this problem.