Drag and Drop

Nov 16, 2012

Is there a way to have items in a drag and drop swap spots?

I am working on some drag and drop activities. The idea is to have a  page where there are four items and you have to drag and drop them in to order.  The items would already be in a random order and then you would just drag and drop to swap them into order.

24 Replies
Pip Fowler

Hi,

I am trying to set up a drag and drop exercise by following this tutorial.  I have set up the triggers for each object, but when I insert the 'convert to freeform' feature, none of the shapes I have set up in my slide appear in the drop down. What am I doing wrong? I have done everything the tutorial says I need to do and it is not working! So frustrating! Can anyone help?

G McKinzie

Hi All

I created a drag and drop where I have 7 items to pack into a suitcase (one drop spot).  When I drag the item to the suitcase I also have trigger to change the state to hidden (so it looks like the item is going into the suitcase.  Problem is, I'm always told it's incorrect - try again!  Even though I know I have the correct 5 items.  I'm attaching screen shots of the Drag & Drop set up and the Triggers 

Laura Ingle

Did anyone ever come up with a solution to the drag/drop ordering.  I want to order jumbled words into a sentence, by dragging them into position, so that if a word is dropped in place of another, they swap positions. Does that make sense?  I tried placing the targets underneath each word, and set to only one object allowed per target. But can't seem to get it to work.  Some do, and other words, just stay hidden underneath the dragged item. 

Walt Hamilton
There is a sample that will help you at this discussion: https://community.articulate.com/discussions/articulate-storyline/drag-and-drop-solution-sample-with-multiple-correct-targets-with-drag-off-and-return-plus-a-lot-more
One of the examples with graphics will give you some ideas that will get you started.  The heavy lifting is done by the triggers, mainly those that are attached to the submit button.