drag and drop built in Articulate 360 for use in a Rise course.

May 22, 2019

I did not know which topic to post this under, Articulate Storyline 360 or Rise. I want to build a drag and drop to insert into an Articulate Rise course.

I do not know if I can build this as a single slide with layers.

Base layer has the drag and drop with directions. They would get only 3 attempts to get it correct. (added bonus would be if I could display the "number of attemps 1/3 or 2/3 or 3/3.

layer 1: has Success "Congratulations!" message that will display when they get it correct on 1st, 2nd attempt or 3rd attempt.

Layer 2: shows you did not pass try again.

Llayer 3: displays  after 3rd failed attempt "You did not pass" with the correct answers in the correct order. 

As I said the big question that I have is will ths work on a single slide with layers for use in Rise?

6 Replies
LaVon Bowman

Thank you for your response. I allmost have it.

However, I still have something wrong. As it is now when you get it wrong even more than 4 times it keeps showing the Try Again layer and count goes up. It never goes to "Incorrect" layer with the right answer displaying. Otherwise it works. Can you suggest from this what else I have missed and what to try next?

LaVon Bowman

Sorry, I was out for the holiday weekend.

OMG! dah! Reminder was good. Thank you! I rebuilt it using the built in drag and drop and I have it working perfectly BUT now it does not reset after each attempt.

I selected the Base layer and set the layer properties gear icon and Set it to "Reset to inital state."

The items remain in the drop zones wherethe user placed each drag and drop item.

I tried setting each layer to reset to initial state but that did not work. What am I doing wrong? Please suggest?

How do I get the base layer to reset after each failed attempt? The number of attempts is 3.

Remember also that I am using this in Rise 360 andso I have a Complete course trigger on the Correct layer.

LaVon

Alyssa Gomez

Hi LaVon!

When you reset the slide to initial state, you are also resetting the attempts each time the learner tries again. This means that the learner will have unlimited attempts on the quiz question.

There isn't a built-in way to set 3 attempts and reset the slide to initial state. The community may have other ideas on how you can accomplish this, so I'll open the floor for their suggestions!

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.