drag and drop question

Jul 26, 2016

Good Morning,

In one proposal, I need to put twice 1 label.

For "not adequate for capability analysis", I need to put this label twice:

- 1 for data collection 3

- 1 for data collection 5

How can I do ?

Thank you for your help.

Regards.

15 Replies
Fabienne Sauvage

Good Afternoon,

Thanks Christies.

Here is the slide in storyline.

I need not adequate for capability analysis" in collection 3 and 5

How to do that without putting 2 labels with the same sentence ? because it
could do some mistakes for learners ...

Thank you.

Have a nice day.

Kind Regards.

Fabienne

Christie Pollick

Hi, Fabienne -- Many thanks for your reply, however when you reply via email, any attachments you intended to send are not transmitted to be accessible here in the post. If you click here to be taken to the discussion itself, you will be able to use the grey ADD ATTACHMENT button in the bottom left corner of the reply box, and you will be able to browse and upload from there. 

Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Fabienne,

Thanks for sharing your file. Since it's not the built in behavior of Storyline's drag and drop set up, since each drag item can only have on correct drop target, you'd need to do something custom using states and/or variables likely. Did you look into any of the discussions shared in the link I included above? I'd defer to the community's expertise on this custom set up. 

Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Fabienne,

I'm sorry I can't offer more assistance on this today, but hopefully someone in the community may be around to weigh in on this design idea. You could also look at posting a new query in the Building Better Courses side of the forums as that is where more design related and how to related questions go. 

Walt Hamilton

Here is a sample that allows correct answers to be dropped on any target. it is as simple as I could make it, so perhaps you can follow it along.

Do try the sample before you read the explanation, as that is the easiest way to understand it.

Each object (text box) has a variable to indicate if that object is in the correct location. Each correct object has its variable set to false, because they are not on a target. The incorrect object's variable is set to true, because it is not on a target, and is in the correct position.

If a correct answer is dropped on any target (small circle), its variable turns from false to true to indicate that object is dropped correctly.

If a correct answer is dragged across the large circle (as it would be if dragged off a target), its variable turns to false to indicate that object is not dropped correctly.

If the incorrect answer is dropped on any target (small circle), its variable turns from true to false to indicate that object is not dropped correctly.

If the incorrect answer is dragged across the large circle (as it would be if dragged off a target), its variable turns to true to indicate that object is dropped correctly.

The pick one interaction is set so the answer is correct if the Correct textbox is selected.

When the slide starts, the Incorrect textbox is set to an initial state of selected, so if the user clicks submit, they will receive a message that they are wrong, instead of a message that they must choose an answer.

If all the objects have their variable set to true, the Correct textbox is selected, and the answer is correct.

The only problem is that since this is not a drag and drop interaction, you cannot access the setting to allow only one object on a target, so if the user changes their mind, they must drag each object away from the target.

Any questions, don't hesitate to ask.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.