Drag and Drop with state changes
I am using Storyline 1 to build a drag-and-drop interaction (attached). The draggable items are text boxes. I would like them to:
- Appear one at a time
- Appear in the normal state (blue text)
- Change to white state (white text) when dragged over the Argument and Both hotspots (blue parts of the diagram)
- Change back to normal state (blue text) when dragged away from the Argument and Both hotspots. I'm currently doing this with a trigger to change back to normal when dragged over the Persuasive hotspot or the background rectangle.
- Fly back to the start position when dropped incorrectly
- Disappear when dropped correctly. I've tried to do this both by making a Drop Correct state that is empty and by setting triggers to change to the hidden state when dropped on the corresponding hotspot
Additionally, I would also like the non-draggable text box with matching text appear when its counterpart has been dropped correctly. This way, the answers appear arranged neatly at the end of the interaction.
Right now, the behavior is erratic. Items are sticking in place to incorrect drop targets, not changing states when dropped, and the next item appears while the first one is still draggable.
Any ideas for how to fix this would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!!