Drag & Drop is not working right in 360

Oct 04, 2018

I created a simple drag and drop in Storyline 360, but it's not working right. I checked it multiple times, and everything in the form view seems to be set up correctly. However, it is providing "incorrect" responses to everything (even when the correct response is selected). Can anyone help? Thanks very much.

22 Replies
Rehan Mehmood

It work perfectly fine. I guess you are not placing the correct dogs to correct boxes. The sequence of dogs from right to left is 2,3,4,5,1. The sequence of boxes from right to left is 1,2,3,4,5. Now drag and drop in the following order:

Dog1-Box4

Dog2-Box5

Dog3-Box2

Dog4-Box3

Dog5-Box1

Drop correct dogs to correct boxes and see the correct layer.

diane jacques

The order you show as correct, is exactly the way I have the dogs and boxes arranged. I checked in the form view to verify this, so the problem must be something else.

Diane Jacques | Senior Instructional Designer
Direct: (561) 340-4223| Email: djacques@dialogedu.com
URL: www.dialogEDU.com
Address: 2751 South Dixie Highway, Suite 400
West Palm Beach, FL 33405
[1499290244720

Leslie McKerchie

Hey Diane,

Looks like you are getting some great assistance here. Let us know if you're able to identify the steps to replicate the behavior you are experiencing.

Peek screen recording of what you are seeing may help as well.

It looks like your email signature came through when you replied via email. You can remove that if needed by clicking ‘Edit’ beneath your response. Here’s a quick Peek video if you need help.

diane jacques

Apparently, she is getting the correct result, but I'm not. On my end, both file preview and Articulate Review are not functioning right, and provide an "incorrect answer" response, even when the response is correct. Please see the attached screen capture. Thanks, everyone for helping me out with this.

[1499290244720

diane jacques

Yes, I just saw that. Don't know how to share this file. The forum blocks me from attaching it, and it won't play from the third-party site. Not my day for technology it seems. Any idea why the forum blocks the video attachment?

[1499290244720

Leslie McKerchie

Hi Diane,

Perhaps your video was private? I'm not sure why we were not able to see that video, but we do not block the content.

It does look like you may be replying via e-mail, and that can prevent attachments from the forums.

Please be sure that you click 'View' in your e-mail vs. 'Reply' so that you can post directly in the forums and attach items as needed.

As I mentioned previously, your email signature is attached as well. You can remove that if needed by clicking ‘Edit’ beneath your response. Here’s a quick Peek video if you need help.

diane jacques

I'm going to try a link from articulate review. Fingers crossed: https://360.articulate.com/review/content/99bdff91-93f2-4d75-83d6-2a70f6fed6a1/review
Thanks again for your help!

[1499290244720

diane jacques

It was a replay file. I went into the forum, attached it, but I was blocked from saving it. I just sent the review version.

[1499290244720

Rehan Mehmood

When I go to review link I still see the correct layer when I drop the correct options at correct targets. You are not dropping them correct that is the only reason you see incorrect layer. Ok put it this way:

Elevate my mood dog - drag it to - orange box

help me to concentrate dog - drag it to - green box

put me to sleep dog - drag it to - grey box

boost my energy dog - drag it to - yellow box

give me confidence - drag it to - blue box

diane jacques

That's exactly what I did, so I'm bewildered as to why I'm seeing something different than you. Are you getting correct responses?

[1499290244720

diane jacques

I even exported it to a scorm object, uploaded to the platform and tried it there, only to have the wrong responses appearing for the right actions.

[1499290244720

diane jacques

I found the problem, but don't know how to fix it. If I do one dog at a time, it tells me I've got the incorrect answer. Is there a way to let the user do one dog at a time, instead of putting all of the dogs in the boxes before hitting the checkmark? Thanks so much!

[1499290244720

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.