Embedding .mp4 videos to a storyline slide
Nov 04, 2013
Hello eLearning Heroes!
I'm currently building a course and one of the requirements is to take videos from our Amazon S3 server and embed them directly into an Articulate slide.
The videos are currently in a .mp4 format and have been uploaded to the S3 server.
I have attempted to embed the video by using the following code:
<iframe width ="1024" height="576" src="http://s3.amazonaws.com/anonymous/Media/Videos/fakedir/video_6p9zrer6EXR_30_48_1024x576.mp4"frameborder="0"allowfullscreen></iframe>
When the users click the play button windows media player comes up and I can play the video. I want to embed the video directly into the slide without having to open another application.
I did some searches on the forums and it looks like I'll have to do the following:
- Use an open source embed player
- Create an html file with the player code and link to the storyline video.
- Embed an html file to the storyline slide instead of embedding the video directly
- Do I upload the open source player in the same directory as the published files then upload them directly to my LMS? or do I upload the open source player to the S3 server and do I have to put the player individually in each project directory?
- Does the open source player generate the html coding or will I have to manually copy and paste the code and create my own html page?
This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.