Enabling the review quiz feature once 3 total attempts have been made in storyline 360

Jun 22, 2018

Hello,

I have a quiz set up with 2 retakes. I would like to enable the review quiz option after the 2 retakes are completed. I have tried disabling the review button upon start of the timeline and using the attempts variable, as I did with the retakes, but that's not working for me. I tried setting up a new variable but that didn't work either. Can you help? Thanks! I have attached the story file for you.

Laura

12 Replies
Phil Mayor

I would set the review button to hidden or disabled initial state from the states tab.

Add a variable called counter (you can call what you want). set a trigger on the failed layer to add one to counter when timeline starts, then add a trigger on the failed layer to change state of your review button to normal review when counter equal to 3.

Laura Kray

That's great!  That worked.  To complicate things a bit it occurs to me that users will utilize a different amount of retakes.  Some will pass the quiz first time.  Some the second, some the third.  And some will fail all three.  Is there a way to have the review be available to users when they pass as well?  I didn't think about that until just now!  

Laura Kray

I posted this but should have replied to you directly:  That's great! That worked. To complicate things a bit it occurs to me that users will utilize a different amount of retakes. Some will pass the quiz first time. Some the second, some the third. And some will fail all three. Is there a way to have the review be available to users when they pass as well? I didn't think about that until just now!  And thanks so much for your help!

Katie Riggio

Hello, Umesh. Appreciate you sharing your file!

I see my teammate, Crystal, shared this handy insight on how to get a trigger on the Failure layer to change the Review Quiz button to Normal once a quiz has been retried:

• First, I noticed that the Review Quiz button was invisible on the timeline. This feature doesn't change the state of the button to Hidden. Instead, it removes the object from the slide. Make sure the button is visible in the timeline.

• Second, to make the Review Quiz button start in the Hidden state, make that change in the States panel. Here's our tutorial on working with state changes.

Let us know how that works for you! 

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.