I have been reading various threads in here and several people seem to be having the same issue. I made this new thread to add some other details of my own and check if maybe the font problem was solved in these last months.
So, I have this project which uses the fonts Montserrat and Bitter. Let me give you the two scenarios.
- I have Modern Text disabled. All fonts display well when previewing directly in edition mode (with the timeline and all that). When I go to the preview button, it displays the garbled letters. Published course looks well in Flash, but garbled fonts in HTML5.
- I enabled Modern Text. All fonts display garbled when previewing directly in edition mode. Preview shows fine. Publishing looks fine in HTML5 but fonts look garbled when looking at it through the Flash output. I need both in case the client's computer for some reason plays the Flash output instead of the HTML5 one.
The problem seems to happen on the Bitter font only. I had the OTF type installed, and tried the TTF type to check if there was any difference. None at all.
For the moment I'll publish to only HTML5 but I wanted to see if there was another solution to apply to following courses and later replace this one.