Glitch: Headings not properly applied to pasted text in Storyline 360

Jan 12, 2021

Hi guys, I've discovered a bug that's pretty annoying. If I'm free-composing text within Storyline 360, the headings apply normally--only affecting the current paragraph, separated by returns.  However, if I paste in text from another program (Powerpoint in my case), even though there are returns in the body of text, the heading I choose is applied to the entire body--not just the current line separated by return. 

The first workaround I found for this seems to be to free compose the beginning of each paragraph I want formatted in a different heading style/normal text and THEN paste each individual paragraph on top of it.  This is time consuming and doesn't work nearly as well as in Powerpoint. 

Just now I tried pasting to match destination formatting and this works much better--however, I still don't see why a simple paste--especially pasting 'text only' shouldn't also work: there are still returns in the body, so why shouldn't the headings only apply to the current paragraph?

https://360.articulate.com/review/content/15b121da-a684-487b-af03-4c3544784561/review

2 Replies
Jonathan Vetter

OK--I take it back about the 'match destination formatting' working.  It still doesn't work correctly following the initial paste into the blank text box--no matter which formatting I choose. However, if I paste the text, then delete it, then paste again (sometimes on the third try) it will finally start to properly apply the headings.

Lauren Connelly

Hello Jonathan!

Thank you for sharing a screen recording as well as these details! This does, in fact, look like a bug; however, I do not see the same on my end. You can see my test here.

It sounds like it might be an issue with the font. Have you tried using a font that is both in Storyline 360 and PowerPoint? Also, is this happening when pasting that text in a new project?

If you'd like us to look at the files, you can upload them to us privately using this secure upload link

We really appreciate your help in troubleshooting this issue!