Guided Navigation on 360 degree slide skips to the next page

Sep 08, 2023

Hey everyone!

I have created a project in Storyline where there are multiple hotspots on a 360 degree image. These jump to different pages. However, when I enable guided navigation (which I need for the project), Storyline immediately jumps to the next page when I enter the panorama with guided navigation turned on. If i disable guided navigation, the project works without skipping the page!

The player navigation is turned off. There is only the possibility to jump to the next slides via the markers on the 360 image.

Is this bug already known? Is there a solution?

Thanks!

3 Replies
Jose Tansengco

Hello Thomas,

Sorry to hear that you ran into this snag. 

I can confirm that I was able to replicate the behavior in a new Storyline 360 project file. It seems that when using the Guided Tour feature, the first 'Jump to slide' trigger that the 360° Image encounters is immediately activated, causing the learner to unexpectedly jump to the next slide. This behavior was observed for both markers and hotspots. 

I opened a bug report with our product team and attached this community thread to it so we can notify you as soon as a fix is released. Here's a quick look at how we tackle bugs for your reference. We'll let you know when we have new updates to share, and we're very sorry for any inconvenience this bug may have caused.