Help

Apr 09, 2020

Hi all
A little news in the Articulate community, I create a training module. This module has 3 free navigation chapters. I hope that the learner will only have access to the final quiz when he has gone through the three sections. An idea to offer me?
Natacha

8 Replies
Ned Whiteley

Hi Natacha,

What you need to do is to use True/False variables that change from False to True when a particular section is complete. You then use  a condition that all the variables are True to enable your user to access the quiz.

In the attached example, I have also used the variables to add a check mark in the menu once a section is complete and it also then locks out that section.

Just make sure that you don't jump back to the main menu slide before setting the variable to True, otherwise it won't work. Trigger order is very important.

If you have any queries, just give me a shout here.

Hope this helps.

Natacha Brogly

Hello :)

I have a other problème ...

When I want to download a Template, I get a response that tells me that I don't have the appropriate security permissions to access the resource and that the file is being used by another process. Yet I have a license articulate storyline 3.

Template name : quiz-game-countdown-final.story

Any idea?

Natacha

Ned Whiteley

Hi Natacha,

I'm not sure why you should be getting that problem.

I am a Storyline 360 user, but my understanding is that SL360 files and SL3 files can be opened in either version, but with occasional incompatibilities:

https://articulate.com/support/article/Compatibility-Between-Storyline-360-and-Storyline-3-Project-Files

I have downloaded what I assume is the file you are after (originally created in SL360) and attached it to this post in the hope that you may be able to open it from here.

Hope this helps.

Natacha Brogly

Hello
Thank you for your valuable help. It's working now. I certainly mishandled it.
I still have a problem with the missing fonts. In the Articulate explanations it is noted:
"Go to the Storyline Ribbon Home tab, click the drop-down arrow next to Search/Replace and choose Replace Fonts.
Use the Replace drop-down list for the font you want to replace. You will only see the fonts currently in your project."

However, when I'm in "Home tab" there is no drop-down arrow and I can't find the "Search/replace".
I wish you a very good day.
Natacha

Ned Whiteley

Hi Natacha,

Firstly you need to call up one of the slides in your course (i.e. NOT be in Story View) and then you will find the Search/Replace drop-down in the Paragraph section of the menu. The link below will take you to a similar question that was asked a few months ago:

https://community.articulate.com/discussions/articulate-storyline/where-is-find-replace-on-the-sl360-ribbon

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.