Help!!!

May 30, 2016

Error MessageI keep getting this error message for all of my articulate files. What can I do?

5 Replies
Louise Lindop

Hi David,

I've also experienced this message regularly, always when working from my main C drive and I've never been able to work out a pattern for why or when it occurs. Come to think of it I haven't seen it for a while now.

To get around it I exit Storyline, copy and rename the file and then it opens without a problem.

Louise

Christie Pollick

Hi, David -- Thanks so much for your question and I'm really sorry to hear of your troubles! There is a chance it could be corrupt beyond recovery. However, there may still be a working version of your project in your temp files. Here's how to check:

1) Open this folder in Windows Explorer: %appdata%\Articulate\Storyline

2) Scan the contents of this folder for a file that starts with the name of your project. If you find one, copy it to your desktop. If you find more than one, copy the latest version to your desktop.

3) Change the file extension of the copy on your desktop from *.tmp to *.story.

4) Double-click the file to open it in Storyline.

I'd also recommend, in order to avoid corruption in the future, please see this article: Follow These Tips to Reduce Your Risk of Corrupting or Losing Project Files. 

Please let us know if you are all set or still need more help! :)

David McIntyre

YESSSS!!!!!!!!!!!! This was the answer. I could hug you right now. That was several day's worth of work.

Thank you!!
The information contained in this message and any attachment(s) may be privileged and/or confidential and is intended for the addressee(s) only. It may contain legally privileged and protected information. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any review, disclosure, reproduction, distribution, or other use of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you received this email in error, please notify the sender by reply, and immediately delete the message without saving, copying, or disclosing it. Unauthorized disclosure may result in legal liability for those persons responsible. Thank you.

Christie Pollick

Hooray, David! You're welcome, and we're delighted to hear you are all set!  :)

I also wanted to let you know in case you were unaware, when you reply to a forum notification via email, any details or confidentiality notices in your signature carry over into your reply in the thread. If you'd like to remove that info, all you need to do is use the EDIT button beneath your post and you'll be good to go! 

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.