Help needed: Storyline 360 Function that allows students to enter data and generate at the end of module.

Oct 19, 2021

Hi Team,

I am working on an e-learning module for SWOT Analysis, and I wish to allow my students to fill out the quadrant and get a copy of what they did at the end of the module.

Is there a functionality in Storyline 360 that would allow the students to:

1. Fill out sections of a board (like KANBAN) while taking the module.

2. At the end of the module, the student can download and extract a copy of their completely filled out board (in pdf)

If there is a way, please share articles or references that I can follow in creating this module.

Thanks so much! :)

7 Replies
Maria Costa-Stienstra

Hi, Benjamin, and welcome to E-Learning Heroes! ✨

While there isn't an out-of-the-box feature to save as PDF, there are a few ways you can accomplish what you're looking for.

Here are a few conversations that can help you with that:

Let me know if this works!

Maria Costa-Stienstra

Hi, Benjamin.

Is there any video tutorial on how I can use jscript for the free form to be printed like this example you shared to one other forum member

Yes, I just created one for you 😊Here's a short (less than 3 minutes) Peek recording.

As I mentioned during the video:

1. I am not that knowledgeable in Javascript, and it's not something we support, but we have an article for best practices when using Javascript in Storyline.
  2. The code I used window.print(); is very basic and will print the entire page (including Player features). Depending on the browser, it might also not be perfectly centered on the page. I wanted to share a link to another discussion that shows which code to use to center the slide on a page. Take a look here

I hope this helps!