Help!!! Triggers and Timers Issue!!

Oct 14, 2020

I have created a very basic animation slide that isn't working properly.

The sets of scissors are what is causing all the problems.  The lines should go away once the scissors go across that line.  I have a bigger problem with it right now.  The first set of scissors does not appear until the motion path is nearly complete.  I have been working on this one slide for a while now and I am starting to lose my mind.  

1 Reply
Lauren Connelly

Hi Bethany!

Thank you for sharing your project! There are a few things I've noticed that should help.

It looks like you'll need to add a trigger that changes the state of the lines to hidden when the scissors intersect with the lines. Have you tried adding this trigger?

If not, I've created a short tutorial walking you through adding this trigger. Here's the link.

Next, since the motion path are all triggered to start at the same time it looks like the Path 1 and Path 2 aren't working. Here are the triggers I'm referring to.  Instead, try changing the timing to reflect how long the motion paths are. 

Please let me know if you have additional questions!

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.