how do i adjust the cmi.exit value?

Sep 26, 2014

I need change cmi.exit =suspend to cmi.exit=normal.

Current. My configuration is as follows:
But doing that is not right
  1. Publish for LMS.
  2. On the Publish Successful window, click Open Folder.
  3. Open the lms folder.
  4. Open Configuration.js in Notepad.
  5. Locate
    DEFAULT_EXIT_TYPE = EXIT_TYPE_SUSPEND;
  6. Change the value to true
    DEFAULT_EXIT_TYPE = EXIT_TYPE_NORMAL:
  7. Save and close Configuration.js.

Please help me configure.

If possible, please show me step by step

Best Regard,

Thaohv

7 Replies
Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Scott,

You may want to look at how this behaves at SCORM Cloud as well - it's an industry standard for testing SCORM content, and will help you determine if there is some additional behavior in your LMS that you need to change.  Since the steps you've gone through here are a modification of the published output it's not something i'll be able to assist with but you may want to post the info here, in the event that anyone else is able to take a look and assist. 

N R
Thao Hoang Van

I need change cmi.exit =suspend to cmi.exit=normal.

Current. My configuration is as follows:
But doing that is not right
  1. Publish for LMS.
  2. On the Publish Successful window, click Open Folder.
  3. Open the lms folder.
  4. Open Configuration.js in Notepad.
  5. Locate
    DEFAULT_EXIT_TYPE = EXIT_TYPE_SUSPEND;
  6. Change the value to true
    DEFAULT_EXIT_TYPE = EXIT_TYPE_NORMAL:
  7. Save and close Configuration.js.

Please help me configure.

If possible, please show me step by step

Best Regard,

Thaohv

Hi Thao, did you ever find a solution to your problem?  Regards Nigel

N R

Hi Leslie, Thanks for getting back to me so fast. For some reason when a learner completes a module(Storyline 360 scorm 1.2) the time taken (cmi.core.total_time) is not always sent to the LMS (Moodle). Our tec person said that the reason is because the cmi.exit =suspend if we coud change this to cmi.exit=normal or blank it may help.

Leslie McKerchie

Thanks for clarifying, Nigel.

We do not provide support for the modification of published output, so hopefully, someone in the community will be able to chime in and help you here.

I did want to share some information about the structure change since this post was made:

We simplified HTML5 output in Storyline 360 builds 3.39.21985.0 and later. We combined the following JavaScript files from older versions of Storyline 360 into a single scormdriver.js file.

• AICCFunctions.js
• API.js
• APIConstants.js
• Configuration.js
• lms.js
• LMSAPI.js
• NONEFunctions.js
• SCORM2004Functions.js
• SCORMFunctions.js
• UtilityFunctions.js

You can still modify your published output as you did before. You'll find all the same code from the legacy files above in the new scormdriver.js file.

If you include Flash when you publish, you'll see all the legacy files above in your published output.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.